The Blech Book
The Complete & Illustrated Guide to Shabbat Hotplates
By: Rabbi Fishel Jacobs
Every kitchen―home, yeshivah, hotel, summer camp, shul or hospital―must make special arrangements to enjoy heated food on Shabbat.
● May I add water on Shabbat to food on the blech which is drying?
● May I move a pot from one blech to another?
● May I move food from one pot on the blech to another?
● Am I allowed to remove food from a pot on the blech?
● I mistakenly placed my pot on the table. May I replace it to the blech?
● My fire went out. What now?
All these commonly asked questions―and many more―are finally answered here in
contemporary and extremely easy-to-understand English.
Intended as a concise reference for Rabbis, a necessity for individual household use,
and highly recommended for high school and seminary curriculum.